They say that time flies when you’re having fun, and I believe them. (Isn’t it interesting how wise “they” always are?) It’s true. And what’s more, time flies at a supersonic pace when you’re having fun with Charming. Unfortunately, in all that fun, my poor little blog has been quite neglected. I would swear to change my wicked ways, but I can’t make any guarantees, since I can’t write and kiss at the same time. 😉
Here’s what’s been going on since last we met, dear readers:
1. I’ve been swimming almost daily. I’ve been aching to get back into a regular cardio exercise routine, but with my foot still healing, (I really will write about how I hurt it in the first place, I promise.) I’ve had to adapt. So swimming it is. Luckily for me, my apartment has an okay pool.
2. Oz is ugly. He’s still mid-trim, since he won’t stand still for very long, especially when clippers are involved, so parts of him are trimmed and parts are scruffy, and he looks like a mop-faced monster. I love him anyway.
3. I found the perfect job for me here in little old Yuma, and my fingers and toes might freeze in the crossed position. Say prayers, please, friends.
4. Oz’s best friend Bailey stayed with us for two weeks while his mother went to visit her daughter and granddaughter in Kentucky. It was great having him around– Ozzie really loves him.
5. Charming is trying to teach me how to dance. Apparently he forgets that I’m white, graceless, and clumsy.
6. In return, I’m teaching Charming to drive a stick shift. He’s a pro already. I’m also supposed to be teaching him to swim, but he’s kind of a reluctant pupil. I haven’t given up hope, but we might need to transfer our lessons to the Great Salt Lake.
8. Yuma is hot. I’ve been wanting to try baking cookies by just putting the cookie tray on the dashboard of the truck like this, but I haven’t worked up the nerve.
9. I’ve been on a bread-baking spree. Does anyone know how brown bananas can be and still work in banana bread? I might need to buy new bananas…
10. Charming and my dad worked together to convince me to try shish kabobs again. This time, since I’d rather not burn down my apartment, we used the community charcoal grill. They were delish!
More updates to come… if I can manage to cut back on the kissing. 😉
- Best Banana Recipes – Healthy Banana Recipes Chiquita (chiquitabananas.com)
- Salt, Flies, Pickled Tongues: A Perfect Great Salt Lake Swim (npr.org)
- Paleo Banana Bread Recipe (whatshemakes.wordpress.com)